Birthright Whanganui was established in 1959 and supports one parent families in a variety of ways. Our focus is always on the whole family and the well-being of the children. We have an enthusiastic team and would love to meet you!
You can contact the Affiliate Manager on 022 1737 186 between 9am – 3pm, Monday to Thursday (please note that we are closed Fridays).
We are open all year round except Christmas until mid-January.
Find us on Facebook at Birthright Whanganui
- Individualised parenting support and coaching
- Parenting Skills Programme
- Advocacy support with other agencies and organisations
- Other agency referrals
- Parenting groups
- Subsidised after school activities
- Uniform funding assistance
- Christmas presents for children 12 and under
We encourage and assist families to:
- Develop their own strengths
- Set realistic goals for parents and children
- Plan their own future
- Be a valued and valuable member of their own community.
You can help us with:
- Making a donation
- Becoming a Friend of Birthright Whanganui
- Giving your time as a valued volunteer
- Sharing your skills and talents with us.