Birthright Whanganui was established in 1959 and supports one parent families in a variety of ways. Our focus is always on the whole family and the well-being of the children. We have an enthusiastic team and would love to meet you!
You can contact the Manager or Fieldworkers on 0210 844 4027 or 06 347 1770 between 9am – 3pm, Monday to Thursday (*please note that we are closed Fridays).
We are open all year round except Christmas until mid-January.
Find us on Facebook at Birthright Whanganui
For parents, grandparents and caregivers:
- Enabling you to find practical solutions to day to day problems
- Parenting programme
- Working with you on a tailored plan for your family
- Offering parent education opportunities
- Offering parent networking opportunities
- Supporting you to engage with services, e.g. Work and Income
- Providing referrals to specialist services.
For children and young adults we offer the following opportunities:
- Subsidised after school activities such as swimming
- Activity days during school holidays.
- Offering low-cost events for the whole family to enjoy
- Providing practical assistance with furniture, toys, clothing and books
- Up to date news on our Facebook page
- Christmas presents for children up to 12-years-old.
We encourage and assist families to:
- Develop their own strengths
- Set realistic goals for parents and children
- Plan their own future
- Be a valued and valuable member of their own community.
You can help us with:
- Making a donation
- Becoming a Friend of Birthright Whanganui
- Giving your time as a valued volunteer
- Sharing your skills and talents with us.