Birthright Whanganui was established in 1959 and supports one parent families in a variety of ways. Our focus is always on the whole family and the well-being of the children. We have an enthusiastic team and would love to meet you!
You can contact the Affiliate Manager on 021 084 44027 between 9am – 3pm, Monday to Thursday (please note that we are closed Fridays).
We are open all year round except Christmas until mid-January.
Find us on Facebook at Birthright Whanganui
For parents, grandparents and caregivers:
- Enabling you to find practical solutions to day to day problems
- Parenting programme
- Working with you on a tailored plan for your family
- Offering parent education opportunities
- Offering parent networking opportunities
- Supporting you to engage with services, e.g. Work and Income
- Providing referrals to specialist services.
For children and young adults we offer the following opportunities:
- Subsidised after school activities such as swimming
- Activity days during school holidays.
- Offering low-cost events for the whole family to enjoy
- Providing practical assistance with furniture, toys, clothing and books
- Up to date news on our Facebook page
- Christmas presents for children up to 12-years-old.
We encourage and assist families to:
- Develop their own strengths
- Set realistic goals for parents and children
- Plan their own future
- Be a valued and valuable member of their own community.
You can help us with:
- Making a donation
- Becoming a Friend of Birthright Whanganui
- Giving your time as a valued volunteer
- Sharing your skills and talents with us.