Birthright Kapiti supports one parent families on the Kapiti Coast (Paraparaumu to Waikanae) whose youngest child is under 16 years and who choose to be part of our services. We have fieldworkers who work with families in a professional and holistic manner.
We embrace the community we live in and believe that it takes a village to raise a child. We come from a hand up rather than a hand out approach. We like to give our families the tools to enable them to seek out resources in the future. We will walk alongside you during this journey. We aim to have those who are part of our village to be happy, safe secure and resilient people.
Our opening hours are Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm
- Enabling you to find practical solutions to day to day problems
- Working with you on a tailored plan for your family
- Offering parent education opportunities
- Offering parent networking opportunities
- Access to our library of resource material
- Supporting you to engage with services e.g. WINZ
- Providing referral to specialist services.
For children and young adults:
- Offering camps and outings.
- Offering low cost events for the whole family to enjoy
- Providing practical assistance with furniture, toys, clothing and books.
Our Opportunity Shop
We have a wonderful opportunity shop that has a range of goods, such as men's, women’s and children’s clothing, toys, and furniture. All at very affordable price. We have a shop supervisor and a wonderful group of volunteers who run our shop. We also have a volunteer who can pick up and deliver goods for the shop.