Provides Information about community services in Ashburton.
We are a Registered Charity: CC53360
- Enable you to find practical solutions to day to day problems
- Work with you to plan your family's own development
- Offer parent education opportunities
- Offer parent networking opportunities
- Provide access to our library of resource materials
- Support you to engage with services e.g. Work and Income.
For children and young adults, we offer:
- Fun school holiday events
- A range of camps and outings
- The opportunity to participate in specialist programmes that build confidence and resilience e.g, Girl's group for 10-17 year olds.
For families, we provide:
- Low cost events for the whole family to enjoy
- Practical assistance with furniture, toys, clothing and books
- Regular newsletters with something for everyone.
An opportunity to make a difference to Canterbury families as a Volunteer for Birthright Canterbury Trust
Volunteers Needed - Trustee, Minutes Secretary and Volunteers to organise an exciting Birthright fundraising project.
Please contact email@example.com or 022 043 5006 for more details and job description.
Regional Services - Search
C.A.C.T.U.S. (Combined Adolescent Challenge Training Unit and Support) – Self-confidence and self-esteem adventure training programme. For young people 10 -14 years old.
Support group for grandparents raising grandchildren.
Parents Centre Ashburton is a volunteer organisation offering cheap parental education for parents with 0-5-year-old children.
In Ashburton, Presbyterian Support offers: Counselling; Group education for young people and their families on key issues such as relationships; Community Family Support Service: education and life skills at home or at the centre with a family worker; Youth Mentoring: adult volunteers are matched with young people to provide support to them; Family Worker in Schools: social worker working with children and families in 5 schools; Parents as First Teachers: a trained Parent Educator shares information, practical ideas and giving guidance for parents with 0 to 3 year olds; Pacific Community Liaison / Health Promoter: working with Pacific people to promote physical activities and healthy eating.
We are committed to providing free and confidential budgeting advice to families and individuals. We operate with budget advisers who are annually trained and certificated by the National Building Financial Capability Trust and may offer one or more forms of budgeting advice, viz: One-Off / Rescue / Crisis Budgeting, Ongoing Budgeting, Custodial / Management Budgeting and Educational Budgeting.
In Ashburton, St Vincent de Paul offers assistance with food, clothing, furniture and firewood.
In Ashburton, the Salvation Army offers counselling and assistance with food, furniture and clothing.
In Ashburton, the YMCA provides free training under several different programmes: Pathways (job search, life skills, National Certificate in Heavy Trade); MAPS (young mum's assistance, childcare units); Vision Youth (job search, life skills, recreation).