Citizens Advice Bureau provides free and confidential advice to everyone. We take the time to listen to you and equip you with the information, options and support that fit your needs.
Our aim is to support one parent families' full potential to become confident, contributing members of their own family and to the wider community in a caring, safe and positive environment. Our fieldworkers accompany clients to appointments with other agencies where required and will refer families to agencies who specialise in a particular area should they feel this would be of benefit to the family.
We service the greater Levin area, from Shannon, Foxton, Otaki and everywhere in-between.
Find us on Facebook
We work with a range of organisations, including:
- Local kindergartens, schools and churches
- Police, HALT and the Horowhenua Abuse Liaison Team
- Raukawa Whanau Ora and Whanau Ora Navigators at Muaupoko Tribal Authority
- Well Child Tamariki Ora nurses
- Mama and Pepi antenatal programme
- Mental Health Services
- Child, Adolescent and Family Services
- Disability Services
- Social Services - Social Workers in Schools
- Family Start
- The Rangatahi Programme
- Family violence programmes (for both males and females)
- LTTM - Life to the Max
- Fale Pasifika
- HEPI - Horowhenua Early Education for Pacific People
- Forest Lakes Camp
- Teen Parent Unit
- Corrections Career Services
- Volunteer Resource Centre
- Te Takarere
- Triple P
- Levin Interchurch Community Food Bank
The services we provide include:
- Home visits to clients
- Parenting and emotional support
- Food bank referral service
- Liaising with schools
- Financial assistance with school camps and uniforms
- FGC & inter-agency collaboration
- Referrals to specialised services
Regional Services - Search
A free and confidential service that aims to provide individuals with the information, advice, assistance and support they need to make decisions on legal related issues. To provide confidential first stop legal information which comes at no cost to those who use it.
Do your finances need attention? Do you need someone to talk to your creditors? We can assist you with one off budgeting assistance or ongoing financial mentoring. We also run small groups called MoneyMates where everyone gets to share their tips and ideas and even information on all kinds of money matters that may affect you or your household.
At Living Well Counselling Centre we have been privileged to help many in our community find healing and restoration in their lives. Previously operating as the Christian Counselling Centre, we have built up an impeccable reputation in the Horowhenua for excellence in all service areas. Our new name reflects our intention to continue to provide an excellent service to the whole community.